How To Regain Motivation.
It's quite funny how I decided to post this in my schedule weeks ago and then this week I have completely lost my motivation. I finally reached that 1 stone loss goal and my motivation just went. I'm not sure what it is that has made me feel like this but I am just so tired I haven't been overly bothered to exercise and I haven't been too bothered about what I've eaten. However, next week is a new week and a fresh start.
I thought I'd give my body a full break, rather than forcing myself to do something I wasn't motivated to do, maybe my body needed a rest. I'd gone from doing no exercise at all to working out 5 times a week. Whether that be cardio, strength or a HIIT workout it was something my body wasn't used to. So here are some tips on how to regain motivation.
- Remember why you started.
- Keep your goals in front of you.
- Focus on a small step at a time.
- Try make it a habit.
- Do it now, feel better later.
- Think of how you'll be in 12 months time if you carry on.
- Plan ahead for both workouts & food.
- Reward yourself.
- Remind yourself daily.
- Do it, if it makes you happy.